Re: Website and library packages

On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 10:23:24AM +1100, matthew green wrote:

>    I'm not quite sure what you mean here. passwd, adduser, chfn and so on
>    work in as much as they update /etc/passwd (they all use the libshadow
>    functions for this even if you don't compile it as a shared library), but
>    NetBSD getpwnam will only use the db format files. What I think we need is
>    to modify libshadow to be able to cope with these and make the pw_mkdb
>    call once they've added information. It looks like there's some sort of
>    basic infrastructure for doing this, so I don't imagine that it'd be too
>    difficult.
>
> see libutil; pw_init(3) & friends.

Yes, that's what I meant :) I'm modifying libshadow at the moment to deal
with the BSD-style setup - the most important thing seems to be pwio.c,
which is fairly short. The main problem is that passwd itself has defined
pw_lock, with entertaining consequences :( Fixing it shouldn't be too
difficult, and once pwio is modified/added to things should just work
(tm) :)

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@srcf.ucam.org