Re: Further development

On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 09:05:43PM +0100, Fabbione wrote:
> I get exactly the same error with your source code.
> and looking at gcc I noticed:

Yeah, you're right - it's not building here now either :( At a guess I've
screwed up the system includes somehow, so I'm currently prodding them in
an attempt to work out what's causing it.

> debsd:/# gcc -v
> Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-unknown-netbsdelf1.5/2.95.4/specs
> gcc version 2.95.4 20010319 (prerelease)
> debsd:/#
>
> While I try to compile I get something like:
>
> i386-unknown-netbsdelf1.5.2
>
> so this might be one of the reason. hounstly just a guess

That ought to be ok.

> debsd:/usr/src/apt-0.5.4# dpkg-buildpackage
> unable to get login information for username "fabbione" at

Ah, yes...

> and I also update files like passwd and group in the chroot env. Created
> an account and similar......

Ok, this is because of NetBSD's different mechanism for dealing with user
information. Add yourself to /etc/master.passwd in the chroot and then
quit back to the outside environment and run

pwd_mkdb -d /debian

(replacing /debian with whatever directory your debian system is
in). Check the manpage for pwd_mkdb for further information :)

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@srcf.ucam.org