Re: Further development

Matthew Garrett wrote:

On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 06:55:32PM +0100, Fabbione wrote:

		I was giving a try today to the new build you made.
apt-get is segfaulting and I didn't reach to recompile it due to an
error in the ftparchive/cachedb.h
Do you have any clue???

Hmm. Odd. I have it working here (although I had to use IP addresses
rather than hostnames in the sources list), though it was compiled against
1.5 rather than 1.5.2. All the libs it needs are in the chroot though, so
unless something in the kernel is breaking it I would have expected it to
work. Can you ktrace it and try to work out what it's doing when it
segfaults?

Thanks,

Hi Matthew,
		the ktrace does not report anything.
I have simply executed ktrace with no option and stopped after the segfault. The output file from ktrace was empty but I have noticed only now 6.6Mb of core dump from apt-get process. If you might need it I can easily put it on my web server otherwise please just explain how can I decode it for you.

Regarding the compilation problem I got using the apt-0.5.4.tar.gz

Here is the error:

debsd:/usr/src/apt-0.5.4# make
Building library /usr/src/apt-0.5.4/bin/libapt-pkg.a
Building library /usr/src/apt-0.5.4/bin/libapt-inst.a
Compiling apt-ftparchive.cc to /usr/src/apt-0.5.4/obj/ftparchive/apt-ftparchive.o
In file included from writer.h:25,
                 from apt-ftparchive.cc:32:
cachedb.h:72: parse error before `.'
cachedb.h: In method `bool CacheDB::Get()':
cachedb.h:52: argument passing to `unsigned int' from `DBT *' lacks a cast
cachedb.h:52: too many arguments to function
cachedb.h: In method `bool CacheDB::Put(const void *, long unsigned int)':
cachedb.h:60: argument passing to `unsigned int' from `DBT *' lacks a cast
cachedb.h:60: too many arguments to function
make[2]: *** [/usr/src/apt-0.5.4/obj/ftparchive/apt-ftparchive.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Did you patch anything on apt??? It would be interesting to recompile on my system and see if it still keeps segfaulting.

Thanks
Fabbione

PS last question: does dpkg-buildpackage works????

--
Debian GNU/Linux Unstable Kernel 2.4.15aa1
fabbione on irc.atdot.it #coredump #kchat | fabbione@fabbione.net