Re: bsd newbie

Wartan Hachaturow wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 30, 2001 at 12:52:18PM +0200, Fabio Massimo Di Nitto wrote:
>
> > Well it might be the time to start to using them don't think so?????
>
> I can post the port to the list, if someone needs it (but the port Makefile
> exists only for dpkg, apt is hacked to compile on FreeBSD, but I didn't
> ended port Makefile for it).

Can you send me the port for dpkg???

> > At the end the major tasks will be boot-floppies and the debian
> > installation
> > system...
>
> No. The major task is to package all native libraries and stuff needed
> by FreeBSD to work - i.e., package compiled FreeBSD sources into base
> packages, hack the way base services work so that the Debian configuring
> way (SysV) be suitable, and all that (not that easy) things.
> Installation system is probably one of the last ;-)

Well I agree but for instance I hate to have mixed box.
I personally like to debian over debian.. so my point was to start
having a
BSD kernel witch the real minum setup to start to build pkgs.
I mean i would like to have a base system and then build on top of that.
And I think I will follow the LFS manual in order to achive that.
(atleast to try to). Since it has some nice points that can be used to
start. Atleast that is my idea.

Regards
Fabio