Re: assimilating OpenBSD

On Wed, Feb 07, 2001 at 10:12:21AM +0000, Jonathan McDowell wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 07, 2001 at 10:03:29AM +0000, Colin Phipps wrote:
> > On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 08:06:12PM +0100, Andreas Schuldei wrote:
> > > Right now I am working on dpkg and debhelper. they partly reley on
> > > powerful gnu-features of unix tools like xargs -r, tar --no-recurse
> > > --null, find -regex, cpio -0
> >
> > As someone else commented, if we need features of the GNU versions of
> > these tools, go with the GNU versions (for starters, at least).
>
> Ah, but then you need to audit them. To get started it's much quicker to
> take the already audited OpenBSD utilities and work with them.

But they needed to be audited anyways, correct?  I fail to see the
point of relying on debian w/ obsd kernel/tools for security, and
just allowing debian w/ linux kernel/gnu tools to just be ignored?

> J.
c>

--
"... being a Linux user is sort of like living in a house inhabited
by a large family of carpenters and architects. Every morning when