Re: assimilating OpenBSD

On Wed, Feb 14, 2001 at 06:29:23PM -0500, Mark W. Eichin wrote:
> > It is available, with ports/package system.  And that's getting
> > stronger now as openpackages advances.
>
> Ok, then you get to try and answer the question I proposed earlier:
> 	"how do I upgrade something that has dependencies".
>
> If it now doesn't involve "first, delete all of the depending
> packages", then I'll agree, but otherwise, ports/packages are both
> irrelevant and misnamed...

Look into pkg_update- it's in -CURRENT, and hasn't yet MFC'd,
but it's certainly a very good start.

There isnt' strictly an equivilent in ports yet, but there is
porteasy (ports/misc/porteasy) which "sortof" counts.

Sometimes it doesn't make sense to throw out the original
implementation on pure whims.  It's certainly proven to
be long lasting, and the second-generation ports (openpackages)
look promising too.

--
Dan Papasian               | ICQ UIN- 1240015
bugg@sometvshow.com        | AIM-      bugg42

Don't take life too serious.  You'll never escape it
alive anyway.
	--Elbert Hubbard