Re: assimilating OpenBSD

On Wed, Feb 07, 2001 at 12:27:03PM -0000, Mark Berry wrote:
> I guess I must say that my main interest is having a distribution that would
> be Linux-Like with a BSD core.  (Is that silly?)  It's all about
> consistancy.

I don't know if it's silly, but that's my vision as well. Not exactly
Linux-like, I'd say Debian-like. I just love the manageability APT + Debian
Policy give me. If that functionality was available to BSD I would probably
have switched by now.

In the same sequence of thoughts, I think FreeBSD is a better start. It has
more hardware support and is somewhat more popular so we'll get more
testers for the distribution. Once we get a stable working system, it will
be much easier to create an OpenBSD branch as well. Does anybody else share
this opinion?

I can't help with equipment, though I'm very interested in the development
of the project as a whole. I'd also suggest that we pick somebody for
project leader who will manage the tasks and responsibilities.

Pavel.