Re: update on Debian/FreeBSD

> *  shadow.h: FreeBSD doesn't seem to implement the standard shadow password
>    functions in it's libc. (No getspnam and friends.) So far, I've learned that
>    this breaks base-passwd.

That made me remember other differences to choose:

- BSD Login Classes / Capabilities vs. PAM-type capabilities
  (I won't mention all the similarities and differences, because their are
  differences between the BSDs.)

- BSD style password aging vs. Linux style. BSD has password change time
  and account expiration time; Linux has days since Jan 1, 1970 that
  password was last changed, days before password may be changed, days
  after which password must be changed, days before password is to expire
  that user is warned, days after password expires that account is
  disabled, and days since Jan 1, 1970 that account is disabled.
  (I have had the opportunity to convert these both ways a few
  times when helping customers migrate from one platform to another.)

  Jeremy C. Reed
echo '9,J8HD,fDGG8B@?:536FC5=8@I;C5?@H5B0D@5GBIELD54DL>@8L?:5GDEJ8LDG1' |\
sed ss,s50EBsg | tr 0-M 'p.wBt SgiIlxmLhan:o,erDsduv/cyP'