update on Debian/FreeBSD
The list has been quiet the last couple days, so I thought I'd post some
updates from my adventures with FreeBSD:
* I built my first package in the chroot. Bash was giving me problems with
libreadline, so I decided to try it in the chroot, and it worked. I had to
force install it though, because base-passwd isn't working yet.
* Figured out how to "fix" dpkg-shlibdeps. It wanted to use ldd on shared
libs, but I hacked it to get a list of libs from ldconfig -r instead. It
seems to work now.
* Just built a package for the FreeBSD libc. That's the first step in my
multi-binary package for /usr/src. That was lots of fun... It actually seems
to be working!
* utmp: just about everything that compiles against utmp.h fails. Debian
tools are expecting a SysV-ish utmp, and it just isn't there.
* libiberty: some of the Debian-specific packages are expecting getopt_long
to be in libc. I'm temporarily using freelibiberty from the ports to get
things working. Probably will need to fix configure, and possibly include
the libiberty stuff into those packages.
* shadow.h: FreeBSD doesn't seem to implement the standard shadow password
functions in it's libc. (No getspnam and friends.) So far, I've learned that
this breaks base-passwd.