Re: Problems with init

I'm in favour of improving things where possible. I'm also in favour of staying
reasonably compatible unless there's a compelling reason not to. Personally,
I think the ability to use scripts from /etc/init.d after booting is more
important than the details of how init runs them. Whether I use the rc-file
or rc.d is a lot less important to me.

The specific idea of using dependacies in rc/init system is a good one. I've
wondered about it myself a few times. However, I'm curious about how it handles
state. I'd think it would require more than SysV runlevels.

Is this in a released NetBSD, or is it just in CVS?