Re: Problems with init

On Sat, Jul 28, 2001 at 03:38:14PM +0400, Wartan Hachaturow wrote:

> I would like to point out again that we're not trying to change Debian,
> or the way it works. We're trying to get it to use a BSD kernel ;)
> In my mind it should mimic the Debian/Linux way everywhere possible.

And if somewhere along the way this project finds something that
works even better than the Debian way, will you stick with the
lesser solution just because, ... well just because?  While there
is no conclusive evidence (yet) that NetBSD's new rcinit code is
that much better than the current SysV scheme that Debian uses it
does have merits that are worth exploring.  Making a better mouse-
trap is a good thing but if you let "policy" be your blinders then
it is less likely to happen.

All IMHO of course.

-steve