Re: Problems with init

Wartan Hachaturow wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 01:30:18PM -0700, Joel Baker wrote:
> > support all of the runlevels, this could be fixed much more easily, either
> > upstream or locally, than trying to port over glibc...
>
> We need to have full-featured init in order to have a working Debian system, and
> it is possible to port sysvinit to the [Net,Free]BSD libc (however, it may take
> some time, but we're not in a big hurry, aren't we? :)

We do - but that doesn't mean we have to port glibc to get it, or that we
need to have it *right now* - we just need to have it before we're done,
and something that *works* right now. By my preference, something that can
be made to work to all of our requirements later, without a major rewrite.

I think this could be accomplished by porting init, rather than glibc, is
the point, and that the initial port could well be done as a partially
functional, but useable and extensible setup.
lucifer@lightbearer.com              http://www.lightbearer.com/~lucifer