Re: hmm...

On Tue, Jul 24, 2001 at 04:06:20PM -0400, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> (The lack of things like libexec seems like a serious deficit in the
> FHS -- it highly unclutters user executable directories. /opt is
> likely a religious issue which means trouble but if one anticipates
> trouble it is possible to avoid it...)

For what its worth, debian doesn't seem to really use /opt. At least
not for debian packages, which tend to put their stuff right in /usr.

> I have to learn more about how Debian package tools work -- I'd
> appreciate more links to useful reading...

I'm still learning, but I have found that http://www.debian.org/devel/
has everything I have wanted to know. The Debian Policy manual is
worth reading, and there is more practical documentation on how to
make packages there as well.

tibbetts