Re: libc strategy

On Mon, Jul 02, 2001 at 10:21:11PM -0500, GT wrote:

> > How's this for thinking outside the box?  Install FreeBSD, NetBSD,
> > or OpenBSD on turn on the Linuxulator.
> >
> >         pkg_add -r linux
>
> Okay, let's try that...
>
> <circle> 0 ~ # pkg_add -r linux
> pkg_add: illegal option -- r
> usage: pkg_add [-hVvInfRMS] [-t template] [-p prefix]
>                pkg-name [pkg-name ...]
>
> Your instructions leave something to be desired.  Might have something
> to do with this:
>
> <circle> 1 ~ # uname -srp
> NetBSD 1.5 sparc

Urk, I wasn't aware that 'pkg_add -r' was a FreeBSDism.  It's
been awhile since my NetBSD box has seen action after a lightning
storm took out the HD that I can't afford (right now) to replace.

Since you obviously have a NetBSD box and I don't, how about posting
instructions that do work for NetBSD instead of just pointing out
nits in mine?

-steve