Re: vote

Den 26 Jun 2001 16:49:46 +0200 skrev Andreas Krennmair:
> This is a vote what system that we should take as basis for our project.
>
> 1) Which kernel?
>   a) OpenBSD kernel
>   b) NetBSD kernel
>   c) FreeBSD kernel
>   d) Darwin kernel

I think NetBSD would be a good start.
But why limit to NetBSD?

> 2) What userland
>   a) only the userland that came with the chosen kernel
>   b) "native" userland + some GNU utilities
>   c) mostly GNU utilities + some very system dependent userland
>      utilities.

b or maybe c
The goal would be to make the system be both *BSD compatible and
debian compatible.
I think that for example find should be find from GNU findutils since
it's superior to the bsd version.

> Vote, comment, give feedback (please).
>
> Regards,
> Andreas Krennmair
> --
> /* let's suicide: */
> kill(getpid(),SIGKILL);
- Johan Dahlin              Address:            -
- zilch.am@home.se          Nygatan 17, nb      -
- UIN:   1704687            523 30 Ulricehamn   -
- PHONE: +46 (0)321-17559   SWEDEN              -
- IRC:   zilch on #swedsex@GimpNET              -