Re: Project Status

    Ian> Re: Project StatusDo you drink Jolt Cola?  ----- Original
    Ian> Message ----- From: Andreas Krennmair To: Debian-BSD
    Ian> Mailinglist Sent: Monday, June 25, 2001 3:41 AM Subject: Re:
    Ian> Project Status

    Ian>   On Sun, Jun 24, 2001 at 10:31:26AM -0700, Gary Kline wrote:
    >> Seems like this projerct never gets far beyond the chat stage;
    >> it isn't likely to until some one hacker actually invests the
    >> man-years to put together DebBSD-0.0.1a.
    Ian>   OK. The problem I think is that nobody really wants to take
    Ian> the lead role, hardly anybody actually wants to do decisions.

    Ian>   What I want to say: _I_ am interested in taking this read
    Ian> role. This project really needs some kind of leader - not
    Ian> that kind of leader as Linus is for the Linux kernel but
    Ian> somebody who does the main organizational stuff and decisions
    Ian> who else should make decisions. :)

That's fine provided you're willing to do enough work to gain
credibility for that position.  I would love to influence several
decisions that are critical to this project, but I do not expect to be
able to do so simply by asserting some decision.  Instead, if I'm ever
in a position to go hack, I'll do so.  If the project gets off the
ground first, well then I may not get to decide as much as I'd like.