Re: Voting template

On Sun, Dec 17, 2000 at 12:34:35AM -0500, Adam Lazur wrote:
> Gary Kline (kline@thought.org) said:
> > 	Gotta agree here.  The huge gain that I see for this
> > 	project is the unparalleled strength of the BSD krenel
> > 	with all the Debian goodies (and as much of linux-land
> > 	as can be ported over).
>
> I agree.
>
> > 	Be nice to offer as much of *both* SysV and BSD admin (/etc/*)
> > 	tools, altho I'd go for BSD-style initially.  It has been
> > 	nearly 7 years since I used SVR4.
>
> Most of debian land is sysV init style. This should probably be taken into
> consideration.

		My PeeCee bg with Unix is from '86 to '95: SVR[34].
		Briefly in '93 I used Linux on a 386SX laptop, but
		did zero sysadmin.  In 1995 I switched back to BSD
		that I used in college.

		System admin is a bear at best; is there an easier
		or harder way?  I've heard that there is a web
		interface that makes things easier... dunno.

		I'm using SuSE on one system here and still had to
		do things the hard way when I added the SuSE box
		to my BSD platforms.

		...The idea of having to relearn Sys5 sysadmin
		is not something I'm looking forward to... but it'd
		be nice if there were one uniform (or quasi-uniform)
		way of doing things.

		gary

--
   Gary D. Kline         kline@tao.thought.org          Public service Unix