Re: about debian bsd

On Wed, Nov 15, 2000 at 09:12:28AM +0200, Moshe Zadka wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Nov 2000, John Galt wrote:
>
> > <hammer>  What kernel should we aim for first? </hammer>
>
> netbsd?
>
> This would give us so many platforms, it would simply hurt.

I agree. NetBSD's platform support rules. FreeBSD is very limited.
OpenBSD has almost the same platform support as Debian, so we could
choose between:

NetBSD - more platforms then we currently have
OpenBSD - almost the same number of platforms we currently have, more
secure
FreeBSD - much less than the number of platforms we currently have

--
 _ _  _| _  _  | _   . _ | _	http://ukug.uk.freebsd.org/~claviola/key.txt

Linux: the choice of a GNU generation - Registered Linux User #103594
I tried the clone syscall on me, but it didn't work.  -- Mike Neuffer
trying to fix a serious time problem