Re: Debian BSD.. cool idea!

Looks like we need to define some terms here.
Everything below /usr (stand, bin, sbin) are what is required
for an admin trying to get the system back up and running with /usr..
In other words, these are the files that are needed to _boot_ the system.

Then on /usr you have the minimum files needed, by judgement of the OS vendor,
to have a complete install of the OS.

Anything installed onto this minimal configuration goes into /usr/local.

The "base system" _is_ the minimal install.

Does this clarify things?

-Dan