Re: Re: Wow, hadn't realized this list was active

On Fri, 24 Dec 1999, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

#                                        When I wanted to replace sendmail
# with exim on 3.2, I found this very difficult. It was easy enough
# to install exim but very difficult to remove sendmail. Debian doesn't
# make this distinction, and changing MTA is easy. The base is just a series
# of normal packages.

Should have been really easy.  Just edit /etc/rc.conf and add a line
like this: [1]

	sendmail_enable="NO"

You can then install exim or whatever other MTA you want and use
it instead.

-steve

[1] Of course this doesn't remove sendmail from the box, it just
    disables it.