Re: Progres?

On Tue, 26 Oct 1999, Piotr Roszatycki wrote:

> On Mon, 25 Oct 1999, Gary D. Kline wrote:
>
> > 	Mmm, almost biting my tongue since I figured this project
> > 	was door-nail dead.  Yes, some of us on the FreeBSD side
> > 	have looked at dpkg; it may well already have been done.
> >
> > 	Some months ago I got around 35% finished in porting glibc
> > 	to FreeBSD, but after several evenings of hacking, this
> > 	list seemed to die.  So I stopped.
>
> Is it necessary to port glibc to FreeBSD? Almost all applications
> are ported to native libraries.

If we agreed Debian/BSD could be native libraries based, what
the next step should be?

How to integrate current system of BSD ports with Debian's sources?
I think we could adaptate a base system to FHS (or Debian Policy)
and prepare /binary-i386-bsd/base/ directory.

AFAIK GRUB supports FreeBSD so it couldn't be hard.

--

Piotr "Dexter" Roszatycki
mailto:dexter@fnet.pl