Re: The project

On Sun, 18 Jul 1999, Gary Kline wrote:

> 	[[ paring back the noise; esp'ly since you are on a per-minute
> 	   line. (used to be same here) ]]

Oh, it's okay, I'm not on that line right now. When I'm home, I don't even
read my mail. :)

> 	dpkg requires TeX?  (?)

For compilation, yes, since the documentation is converted to postscript
or something.

> 	Here is what I can volunteer for: to ftp home and over to my
> 	FBSD-3.2 system any packages and mods (like dpkg); these will
> 	then auto-retrieve the binaries.

How do you mean "auto-retrieve" the binaries?

Anyway, access to a FreeBSD-system to work with from here would be great,
since I'm on a pretty fast connection and could work on porting the latest
versions of everything. Is your FreeBSD system connected to the Internet?

(We can take this thread in private mail to save the bandwith if you want
to)