RE: Alive?

> 	Yes, and when the FreeBSD port of dpkg is ready, the
> 	Debian packaging tools can be use for everything on
> 	the DebianBSD distribution.
>
> 	A lot of work has gone into the FBSD ports suite, and
> 	it works flawlessly iff you are aware of a few key points.
> 	But it looks like the Debian suite has had even more
> 	work.  If it is better, that says it all!

Well, I'm not sure that the dpkg system is better or worse than
the BSD ports concept.  As I've mentioned before, the ports
method has some real advantages for software that benefits
from machine-specific compiler options.

At any rate, a BSD-dpkg would provide BSD users with an easy
and MAINTAINABLE way of placing Linux binaries on their system,
and insuring good interoperation between the BSD/Linux sides
of their OS...

-Brent