Re: No, pkzip

On Fri, Dec 24, 1999 at 10:00:37AM -0500, dan wrote:
> All I can remember is that it allows for description files to remain
> in the header of the file such that PLISTs and the such can be dealt
> with in a better manner..

Yep, zip supports per-archive (and per-file?) descriptions. I can't see
how this is particularly valuable though.

A .deb is an ar archive containing a control.tar.gz (debian control files)
and a data.tar.gz (actual package files). This seems to work pretty well,
and is easier to work with that Red Hat's weird rpm files.

Hamish Moffatt VK3SB. CCs of replies on mailing lists are welcome.