Re: Debian FreeBSD - experiment

On Thu, 18 Nov 1999, Per Lundberg wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Nov 1999, Piotr Roszatycki wrote:
>
> > ftp://ftp.fnet.pl/pub/debian-freebsd/
> > There are 80 Debian packages for freebsd-i386 architecture.
>
> Seems pretty awesome! You should talk to the Debian archive maintainers to
> get this onto the main sites. Are you a Debian maintainer?

Yes :)

But I'm afraid it is too early for getting it to main distribution.
My proposition lacks some essential packages, like sysvinit, base-passwd,
kernel-image, fdisk, mount, and others.

This "distribution" requires original FreeBSD RELEASE-3.3 installed, yet.

I could upload it to my account on master.debian.org (about 85MB).
I understand bandwich from my site could be poor.

--
Piotr "Dexter" Roszatycki   GCM d- s-:- a-- C++ UL++++$ P+++ L+++>$ E---- W-
mailto:dexter@fnet.pl       N++ o? K? w-- O-- M- V- PS+ PE+ Y+ PGP++ t-- 5--