Re: usr-merge in debian-installer

Hi team, hi Helmut,

Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> (2023-11-16):
> On Thu, Nov 16, 2023 at 06:06:00PM +0100, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> >I just built updated installation images for Debian Ports and noticed that the
> >generated /init script tried to start "start-udev" from /lib/debian-installer/
> >instead of /usr/lib/debian-installer which naturally fails.
> >
> >I could figure out so far where the path names for tools in the /init script
> >are set.
> >
> >Does anyone have any idea where to look?
>
> I've just merged
> https://salsa.debian.org/installer-team/debian-installer/-/merge_requests/39
> from Helmut (thanks!) which should in theory do everything we need.

Yes, many thanks to Helmut for the awesome that's made a lot of things
move into a seemingly much better situation. That you take care about
doing things in phases, trying very hard not to knowingly disrupt
anything is *very much* appreciated.

As I said previously, I wish I would have been more available to let
things through quicker, but previous events within Debian, and other
commitments outside, didn't make that possible.

Steve merged that earlier today, I poked the porterboxes (except amdahl
which I couldn't reach) so that daily builds have a chance to come back
up before the next scheduled run. Local building and local testing look
good.

Thanks again!

Cheers,