Re: installation-guide: simplify RAM/disk space requirements

Hi,

Holger Wansing <hwansing@mailbox.org> wrote (Mon, 30 Oct 2023 11:49:29 +0100):
> Hi,
>
> Pascal Hambourg <pascal@plouf.fr.eu.org> wrote (Wed, 18 Oct 2023 11:49:42 +0200):
> > On 06/08/2023 at 14:32, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> > >
> > > The doc probably just ended up wrong by just not getting updated,
> >
> > In chapter 6.3.1.1. "Check available memory / low memory mode":
> >
> > "If the installer runs in low memory mode, it is recommended to create a
> > relatively large swap partition (64–128MB)."
>
> You are right.
> I could change that into something like 1-2 GB.
> One might think, this is still "relatively small" these days, but it's
> always enough for the installer, so I think that would be ok.

Ah, I realize that the above is completely bullshit:
the swap partition is not only for the installer, but later for installed
system as well (shame on me).

So should I change to "2-4 GB at least" ?

Holger

--
Holger Wansing <hwansing@mailbox.org>
PGP-Fingerprint: 496A C6E8 1442 4B34 8508  3529 59F1 87CA 156E B076