Re: Firmware GR result - what happens next?

Hi Pascal,

On Fri, Oct 14, 2022 at 09:57:37PM +0200, Pascal Hambourg wrote:

>> > This is my point. If Debian does not provide all firmware for drivers
>> > which are included into the installer, then support for extra firmware
>> > medium is still useful and should not be removed.
>>
>> For this specific case (use of firmware files, which are not available in
>> Debian) there is no need for a special installer medium.
>
>I did not mention the need for any special installer medium, only the need
>for the installer to support extra firmware medium.
>
>> The usual installer also has the capability to make use of firmware
>> provided via USB.
>
>It was suggested in this thread to remove this feature.

ACK, that was our thought. Thanks for pointing out the issue here,
it's appreciated!

"... the premise [is] that privacy is about hiding a wrong. It's not.
 Privacy is an inherent human right, and a requirement for maintaining
 the human condition with dignity and respect."
  -- Bruce Schneier