Re: Firmware GR result - what happens next?

On 14/10/2022 at 20:54, Holger Wansing wrote:

Pascal Hambourg <pascal@plouf.fr.eu.org> wrote (Fri, 14 Oct 2022 19:50:11 +0200):
On 13/10/2022 at 10:13, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
Pascal Hambourg <pascal@plouf.fr.eu.org> (2022-10-13):
What about firmware not available in Debian packages ? For example
Prims54 wireless adapters using p54pci and p54usb drivers included
in nic-wireless-modules-*-di need firmware unavailable in Debian
packages.

As far as I understand it, they can be packaged once their
redistributability is clarified?

The only way for the installer to make use of such firmware is, if the
user provides the firmware files on a removable device, like an USB stick.

This is my point. If Debian does not provide all firmware for drivers which are included into the installer, then support for extra firmware medium is still useful and should not be removed.