Re: How to get preseed to ASK me for hostname + strange partitioning behaviour

Hi,

Jonas Bygdén <jbygden@gmail.com> wrote (Thu, 20 Jan 2022 22:40:12 +0100):
> However (albeit strange after reading the docs) if I remove the priority boot-parameter completely I DO get the hostname/domainname question and THEN I get the question about where to find the preseed file. Looking promising so far.

That's correct so far.
It works like it was designed:
with the priority parameter you can control, if you want to see only the most
important questions or all (new-user installation vs. expert installation).
That only makes sense for interactive installations.

When doing automated installations via preseeding, that's a complete
different story.
In that case, the control of which question you see and which not is
lying in your preseed file: if you answer a question via your preseed file,
the installer does not need to ask that anymore, because it's already
answered.

Holger

--
Holger Wansing <hwansing@mailbox.org>
PGP-Fingerprint: 496A C6E8 1442 4B34 8508  3529 59F1 87CA 156E B076