Re: [SOLVED] Re: Can't install Grub on SSD (bullseye)

On Sat, Apr 10, 2021 at 07:52:29PM +0200, Xavier Brochard wrote:
>> I'm currently testing the new installer for bullseye. I ran into a
>> strange problem with grub-install, using "bios" grub, not EFI. Basicaly
>> grub
>> files
>> are not copied in /boot/grub if my carget is a SSD.
>
>Problem SOLVED. It was unsufficient inodes on the SSD setup because I
>formated the /boot partition in Ext4 FS with largefile4 option.

Aha!! Thanks for continuing to dig and telling us the answer. :-)
Curious - was that a deliberate decision for the inode count??

>It would help to test inodes before installing grub.

Maybe. It's not such a common issue, as you might have guessed!

We don't need no education.
We don't need no thought control.