Re: debian-installer for mac

"Andrew M.A. Cater" <amacater@einval.com> writes:

> As mentioned on debian-user: the debian-11.1.0-amd64-netinst.iso or the
> debian-11.1.0-amd-DVD-1.iso are the appropriate ones to use.
>
> The debian-mac images are for a couple of specific models from 2008/2009
> which had problems recognising El Torito images.

Oh yeah!  I remember having to ask about this for a 2014 installation I
did on a 2012 MBP.  Has it not been documented yet?

Seems like the website and installation guide could benefit from bug
reports requesting documentation of this fact.  I believe it's worth the
effort, because recent macOS versions don't work well with older Apple
hardware.

Regards,
Nicholas