Monolithic image questions

Hi,

another case of multiple wonderings, this time moving closer
to “could be merged” land:

• Why are the monolithic images not built by default?

  I’ve been using a local build of them for ages with great
  success; all others are fragile wrt. udeb availability in
  at least netboot scenarios.

• Why are the monolithic images not available for all architectures?

  Conversely making them more useful (perhaps).

• Could network-console be included in the monolithic images?

  This is so much smoother, especially on virtual machines
  (although I found the serial console to be just as smooth)
  and allows copy/paste from the host system more easily.

  I think this is just a #include more.

Thanks in advance,
//mirabilos
--
„Cool, /usr/share/doc/mksh/examples/uhr.gz ist ja ein Grund,
mksh auf jedem System zu installieren.“