Re: software speech works with vmware player 16 but not after installation of Debian testing

Hello,

Nick Gawronski, le lun. 15 mars 2021 23:11:26 -0500, a ecrit:
> I however get no software speech either in the mate desktop or in the
> console

I don't have vmware player, so I cannot test this myself. When I try it
with qemu I do get speech both during installation and in the installed
system. So I cannot debug the issue myself.

> If I try to use espeak and enter text I get no sound.

Could it be that (for whatever reason) the sound driver on the
installed system does not take care of unmuting the card?

> rather then auto detecting or using the system sound card as if I do
> this the installation freezes at random points where I suddenly lose
> speech.

It would be useful to debunk this as well actually.

Samuel