Re: Manually add firmware (or other) packages for installation?

On Sat 27 Feb 2021 at 11:21:58 +0100, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:

> On 2/27/21 12:12 AM, Holger Wansing wrote:

[...]

> > And there was a huge discussion on debian-devel in January regarding
> > firmware/nonfree etc., starting here:
> > https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2021/01/msg00151.html
>
> I'm not going to read through that huge thread now.

When you do get the opportunity, I suggest you read the first post
very carefully.

  > The current policy of hiding other versions of Debian is
  > limiting the adoption of your OS by people like me who are
  > interested in moving from Windows 10.

Do we hide any version of Debian? I don't see any evidence for that.
Also, it does not appear directly related to the patch being discussed
in this thread.

--
Brian.