Re: Trouble with preseeding keyboard layout

On Sun, Jan 03, 2021 at 08:13:27PM +0100, Laurențiu Păncescu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to install Debian with a en_US locale and a German keyboard
> layout:
>
> d-i debian-installer/language string en
> d-i debian-installer/country string DE
> d-i debian-installer/locale string en_US.UTF-8
> # Keyboard selection.
> d-i keyboard-configuration/xkb-keymap select de
>
> This works as expected when I use the "zcat boot.img.gz > /dev/sdb" method
> and copy the debian installer ISO and the preseed file to the DOS partition,
>
> If I generate my own installer ISO, with the same preseed.cfg, included in
> initrd.gz as described by [1], the keyboard layout remains the default US, I
> can see this when trying to type the LUKS passphrase in the installer. Is
> something missing from [1]? I attached the full preseed.cfg, in case someone
> wants to take a look.
>
> Thanks,
> Laurențiu
>
> [1] https://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/Preseed/EditIso

URL not visited.

Information I want to share is that there are debconf settings
that are already needed before de preseed is being read.

Those debconf settings should be set as kernel boot paramater.

Cheers
Geert Stappers

P.S.

It is perfectly OK to post your working configuration. It is just
me who removed the preseed data from this reply. I love to see a
 Subject: Re: Trouble with preseeding keyboard layout (solved)
with kernel boot parameters and preseed file.