Re: boot-time accessibility issues

I would try something with timing and detection of a sound card in
addition to the monitor.  Ubuntu systems use ks.cfg files Debian uses
preseed files.  I saved from several years ago a ks.cfg file in braille
that was offered by a website in England and believe it or not actually
got ubuntu in an earlier version talking after an install from that
website file.  I don't know if a preseed file is more desireable than a
kickstart file and I think I can find the braille notes in my pile of
braille papers here.