Re: boot-time accessibility issues

Jude DaShiell said:

> If dummy was used for monitor type, the screen reader could come up talking without any monitor attached. ...

I can think of a couple of issues with this approach.  First, there are various reasons for leaving a monitor off a system.  For example, if a RasPi is being used as a server, running it "headless" might be a normal strategy, having nothing to do with blindness.

Contrariwise, there are various reasons a blind user might want to keep an active  monitor.  They might have a sighted associate with whom they occasionally collaborate. Alternatively, they might want to run a touch screen (e.g., to type on).

The fundamental problem is that keying off the presence of a monitor complects two separate and otherwise independent phenomena.  So, it's just asking for conflicts.

-r