Re: Switch gtk d-i to libinput (instead of evdev)?

Hi Cyril,

On Sat, Dec 12, 2020 at 9:23 AM Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Alper Nebi Yasak <alpernebiyasak@gmail.com> (2020-12-11):
> > (Subject was: "Re: Missing libgudev-1.0-0 udeb package?")

> > > Appreciate the quick response!  I just rebuilt the installer with
> > > libinput driver instead of evdev, and the cursor works now! \o/
> >
> > Switching to libinput also fixes the same touchpad issue on two of my
> > devices (one arm64, one amd64). Thanks!
> >
> > Cyril: Shawn has filed a MR [1] on salsa to change arm64 cdrom gtk build
> > from/to using xserver-xorg-input-{evdev->libinput}-udeb, is it OK do to
> > that for all architectures/builds [2]?
> >
> > [1] https://salsa.debian.org/installer-team/debian-installer/-/merge_requests/19
> >
> > [2] $ git grep evdev
> >     cdrom/grub/gtk/arm64.cfg:xserver-xorg-input-evdev-udeb
> >     cdrom/isolinux/gtk/amd64.cfg:xserver-xorg-input-evdev-udeb
> >     cdrom/isolinux/gtk/i386.cfg:xserver-xorg-input-evdev-udeb
> >     hd-media/gtk/amd64.cfg:xserver-xorg-input-evdev-udeb
> >     hd-media/gtk/i386.cfg:xserver-xorg-input-evdev-udeb
> >     netboot/gtk/amd64.cfg:xserver-xorg-input-evdev-udeb
> >     netboot/gtk/arm64.cfg:xserver-xorg-input-evdev-udeb
> >     netboot/gtk/armel.cfg:xserver-xorg-input-evdev-udeb
> >     netboot/gtk/armhf.cfg:xserver-xorg-input-evdev-udeb
> >     netboot/gtk/i386.cfg:xserver-xorg-input-evdev-udeb
> >     netboot/gtk/powerpc.cfg:xserver-xorg-input-evdev-udeb
> >     netboot/gtk/ppc64.cfg:xserver-xorg-input-evdev-udeb
>
> Since the udeb is installable, sure. Regarding the gudev thing, I had
> local patches a while back and that worked back around August 2017
> (DebConf), with trivial udeb additions in two packages. I'm happy to
> have the wacom thing skipped instead if X maintainers are happy with
> that change. :)

Dropping wacom dependency from libinput [1] is already available in
Sid release, and my MR was tested with it.  I will follow Alper's
comment to update my MR for covering other architectures as well.
Thanks!

Shawn

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/xorg-team/lib/libinput/-/commit/3caaf50f682b7e5231d970c82d816b298348bedb