Re: "Debian GNU/Linux Installation Guide" needs broader choice of examples

Hi,

Richard Owlett <rowlett@cloud85.net> wrote:
> I need to do a very atypical install.
> It needs exactly one parameter to be pre-seeded.
> I wish to set it at the boot prompt.
>
> An overview is given at
> https://www.debian.org/releases/buster/i386/apbs02.en.html#preseed-auto
> which in turn leads to
> https://www.debian.org/releases/buster/i386/ch05s01.en.html#boot-screen
> which says in part:
> > If you wish or need to add any boot parameters for either the installer
> > or the kernel, press Tab (BIOS boot), or e then down arrow three times
> > then end (UEFI boot). This will bring the boot command for the selected
> > menu entry and allow you to edit it to suit your needs.
>
> However I can find no examples of what that line would look like after
> entering the pre-seeded parameter. The value I wish to use is:
> > d-i base-installer/install-recommends boolean false

It's fairly well documented in
https://d-i.debian.org/doc/installation-guide/en.amd64/apbs02.html#preseed-bootparms

And for your specific wishes, there is also an alias, see
https://d-i.debian.org/doc/installation-guide/en.amd64/apbs02.html#preseed-aliases

So you should be done with simply adding
	"recommends=false"
to the said line.

Holger

--
Holger Wansing <hwansing@mailbox.org>
PGP-Fingerprint: 496A C6E8 1442 4B34 8508  3529 59F1 87CA 156E B076