Re: Upload «debian-installer» translations

[Cc: as I'm not sure you are subscribed to -i18n, sorry if this is the
case]

On Vi, 08 mai 20, 16:14:57, Camaleón wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I first posted on the Spanish mailing list but nobody replied.
>
> It seems there were some changes the way translation of debian-installer
> PO files are being handled¹.
>
> IIRC, Debian robot was being used in first stage (ITT, RFR, and so
> on...)  but now it seems there are two ways for managing the files
> updates:
>
> - Salsa
> - Weblate
>
> Both systems need an account to be able to upload these files but I do
> not have an account (neither I want to take the responsibility of
> uploading files to Debian servers and doing commits).
>
> Questions are:
>
> 1. Is the robot still being used to handle these files or now everybody
> can edit the PO files without needing to tell other translators they are
> working on it?

Unless I missed something the robot's purpose was coordination only. The
.po files still needed to be uploaded by someone with commit access.

> 2. How can a I update a PO file with no account?
>
> ¹ https://salsa.debian.org/installer-team/installation-guide/-/tree/master/po/es

The classic method is to send the .po file attached to a wishlist bug
report against the corresponding package (in this case probably
'debian-installer', Cc: -boot for confirmation).

Kind regards,
Andrei