Re: Completely switch graphical installer to fonts-noto?

Hi,

Finally getting back to this slightly old thread…

Holger Wansing <hwansing@mailbox.org> (2020-04-13):
> Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> wrote:
> > I'm not sure there's actually “no point”. A possible fontconfig
> > issue could be hindering your tests regarding that switch…

So in the end it wasn't a fontconfig issue, but a pango one instead, see
my reply:

  https://bugs.debian.org/956612#10

> I fail to understand the correlations of all this, apparently.
>
> In this case, we should - at a minimum - postpone the fonts-noto
> switch for a later alpha?

If we're going to ask people to compare how fonts look, we should better
make sure the rendering is correct. Otherwise we're asking them to
compare apples and oranges, and that seems to be a huge waste of time.

Cheers,