Re: installation-guide for testing

Hi

El 23/1/20 a las 22:00, Holger Wansing escribió:
> Hi,
>
> we have the installation-guide available for testing at the website now
> (say the version built from the latest source package in UNSTABLE).
>
> This is now built automatically, when a new installation-guide package is
> uploaded.
>
> In fact, the same counts for stable, so we have now two different versions of
> that manual on the website: the latest version for stable and for testing.
>
> This was a long standing issue on the website (release names were hardcoded,
> and getting the right version built when we upload the first version for the
> next release was always a pain), but that should be over now.

Thank you very much!!

> So, the version for stable is available at
> https://www.debian.org/releases/buster/installmanual
> (as always) and the one for testing at
> https://www.debian.org/releases/bullseye/installmanual
> however there is no link to that page currently on the website (as long as
> bullseye is testing).
>

> Do we want to change that, now that this version is regularly available?
> (Info: there is a link to that page in the wiki at
> https://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller )
>

> When visiting the releases/bullseye page at
> https://www.debian.org/releases/bullseye/
> there is a link pointing to
> https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/
> and on that page there is (in section "Documentation") a link to the stable
> manual and the git version.
> I would suggest - as the smallest variant - to change the "stable" link into
> the "testing" one. There is no point in linking to the stable one there, since
> at the top of the page, we have
> "For official Debian 10.2 installation media and information, see the buster page."
> So, no need to link to the stable manual at the bottom of the page.
>

> What do you think?

We already have a commented out L226 in
https://salsa.debian.org/webmaster-team/webwml/blob/master/english/devel/debian-installer/index.wml
(and translations):

#    <a href="$(HOME)/releases/testing/installmanual">development version</a>,

I think that just removing the "#" there, committing, and then syncing
translation would do the work, isn't it?

If yes, I would say go ahead :-)

Kind regards,
--
Laura Arjona Reina