Re: how to setup a small local Debian mirror to install a VM without an internet access

Le 04/10/2019 à 10:19, Michael Kesper a écrit :
Hi Fred,

…
I think it would be better to sign your archive instead.
With your modification you would completely disable checking GPG signatures for every repository (who checks warnings?)
Sadly, the Debian wiki is full of outdated setups but I cannot find a stringent howto for setting up a trusted repo.

Reprepro seem like a possible way to go.
It overcomes another misfeature of these minimal repositories: You cannot pin packages to versions
of this repository but have to set them on hold, else you always risk getting packages from Debian proper.

My 2 cents
Michael

    Hi Michael,

I thought about that, but I'm not sure it's possible to do it that way : indeed, I think the Debian installer keep internally the Debian GPG keys, and will check the repository with these keys only : If I sign my repository (which is a strict copy of install DVD-1's repository) with my own key, I don't know how to give my key to the Debian-Installer…

This first repository is mainly used to install base packages, I would disable it when installation is done.

          Fred.