Re: When shadow passwords are disabled it is not possible to login as root after install

On Sun, Apr 21, 2019 at 04:49:26PM +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
>On Sun, 2019-04-21 at 13:18 +0200, Lukasz Golonka wrote:
>> On Sat, 20 Apr 2019 22:46:56 +0200
>> Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> wrote:
>>

>> > This was filed a while ago, but it seems nobody worked on it yet:
>> >   https://bugs.debian.org/722627
>>
>> I am of course no expert regarding bug prioritizing in Debian, but
>> shouldn't it be considered as a critical one, because under the right
>> circumstances user can be locked from the newly installed system?
>
>No.  Since it's a new installation, no valuable data has been lost.

To be honest, I can't think of a reason why we even offer a non-shadow
system. Anyone?

"Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have
 nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free
 speech because you have nothing to say."
   -- Edward Snowden