Re: Debian Live System: Screen goes blank after seconds on a Medion Akoya E2225T - MD 60888 (Intel Cherry Trail)

Hi Peter,

Peter Guhl <p-guhl@p-guhl.ch> wrote:
> I am not sure if Debian Live is the package installation-reports. That's
> why I ask here first.
>
> I had major problems to run Tails on the Medion Akoya and we tracked it
> down to Debian live so the Tails people can't do much.
>
> Here is a cpoy of the conversation with the Tails support about trying
> all the workarounds suggested for Intel HD graphics. None worked. I am
> not sure if it's the intel video driver at all or if it has something to
> do with some powersafe-stuff. I can't really check the xorg-logs or
> anything since the device is next-to-unusable because of the bug.

Maybe the following does not change anything for you, however:

First: when it comes to 'Debian Live' this belongs to another mailinglist,
strictly spoken: debian-live@lists.debian.org

Second: trying to run Tails adds another more instance which might add
bugs or specific problems.

So, third: to get help here on this list, you might want to try a
Debian installation image from
https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current/amd64/iso-cd/debian-10.0.0-amd64-netinst.iso
or
https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/10.0.0+nonfree/amd64/iso-cd/firmware-10.0.0-amd64-netinst.iso
(including non-free firmware)

Holger

--
Holger Wansing <hwansing@mailbox.org>
PGP-Fingerprint: 496A C6E8 1442 4B34 8508  3529 59F1 87CA 156E B076