Re: Change templates: CD -> installation medium

On Sun, 2019-08-25 at 22:12 +0200, Holger Wansing wrote:
> Hi,
>
> during the now active development cycle, I would like to make some changes on
> templates of the installer (affecting translations as well, of course):
>

> Change "CD" into "installation medium"
> (such as in "Loading installer components from CD")
[...]

I absolutely agree with replacing "CD", but I think "installation
medium" might be too abstract and technical.

In this example, do we need to say "from <something>" at all?  The
components could be loaded over the network, but wouldn't we use
"downloading" in that case?

In other instances, like when we ask whether to install packages from
another "CD", would a phrase like "disc or drive" work?

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
If you seem to know what you are doing, you'll be given more to do.