Re: Growing the size of e2fsprogs-udeb by ~150k

On Fri, Jul 12, 2019 at 10:10:50AM +0200, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> > Colin suggested that I send a quick note to debian-boot to make sure
> > this isn't going to be problematic.  Do you think this is going to be
> > an issue.  (BTW, there has been size creep in e2fsprogs-udebs over the
> > years; e2fpsrogs-udeb has grown by ~140k beween Debian Jessie and
> > Debian Buster.)
>
> Thanks for letting us know.
>
> I haven't follow arch-specific constraints in a while (hello, armel),
> but I don't think this should be an issue. Worst case, I suppose we can
> submit a patch against e2fsprogs once it's been dh-ified to get the
> double build back, should that be absolutely needed?

Sounds good to me.  I've managed to dh'ified e2fsprogs debian/rules
file and am currently testing it in preparation for a new release.  If
we need to add it back later, it should be easier now that
debian/rules file has shrunk down from ~500 lines to ~200 lines.  :-)

	     	      	     	       - Ted