Re: Heads-up: new lintian error: no-human-maintainers

On Mon, 22 Apr 2019 15:13:35 +0000, Holger Levsen wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 20, 2019 at 11:02:49PM +0200, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> > My personal policy regarding this (carried over from my X.Org days) is
> > to ignore it entirely; I see no gain in having specific people being
> > listed in Uploaders. Feel free to do the same when you're about to
> > upload a package with pending l10n changes, or with various bug fixes
> > that were awaiting an upload in git…
> I've not really made up my mind of what I think about the general case,
> I do think there are some merrits knowing/documenting human maintainers.
> I also do think that this doesnt make that much sense for d-i packages.
> (And I also think that policy should be changed (and not merely ignored)
> if we find that we disagree with whats written in it.)
> Shall I file a bug against debian-policy?

/me has a déjà-vu … We've discussed thhis before, the last time I
remember was during DebCamp/Conf17 in Montréal.

Ah, here we go: #798476

Cheers,
gregor, cc'ing the bug

--
 .''`.  https://info.comodo.priv.at -- Debian Developer https://www.debian.org
 `. `'  Member VIBE!AT & SPI Inc. -- Supporter Free Software Foundation Europe