Re: Debian Installer Buster RC 1 release

On Fri, Apr 19, 2019 at 01:12:43PM +0200, Miroslav Kure wrote:
>On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 10:47:40PM +0200, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
>>
>> This release includes Secure Boot support on amd64, which should work
>> out of the box on most Secure Boot enabled machines. This means there
>> should be no need to disable Secure Boot support in the firmware
>> configuration anymore.
>
>I have this little HP EliteDesk 705 G2 Desktop Mini and trying to boot
>the RC1 installer[1] from usb stick with Secure Boot enabled:
>
> 1) d-i boot menu appears (in the past - alpha3 - even this step failed
>    on this machine something along "no bootloader found")
>
> 2) no matter which option I choose (Graphical install, Advanced, ...)
>    the following error appears:
>
>    error: /install.amd/vmlinuz has invalid signature.
>    error: you need to load the kernel first.
>
>    Press any key to continue

Hmmm, odd. Have you done anything special with the SB key setup on
this machine, like reset the keys database or similar?

>The usb stick seems to be created correctly as installation on my
>other machine (although no Secure Boot there) works as expected.

Right.

"Further comment on how I feel about IBM will appear once I've worked out
 whether they're being malicious or incompetent. Capital letters are forecast."
 Matthew Garrett, http://www.livejournal.com/users/mjg59/30675.html